Senior Formulation Scientist
A leading pharmaceutical company that provides CRO and CDMO services is currently recruiting a Senior Formulation Scientist. Based in the Midlands, UK, this is an exciting opportunity to bring expertise and skills to an expanding and dynamic drug development business and make a difference by formulating innovative new drugs.
- Getting involved with formulation development aspects work of the development programs for a range of dosage forms; predominantly 'solid oral dose', tablets, capsules as well as liquids, inhaled, intravenous, topical solutions etc.
- Formulation development work will also include pre-formulation, characterisation and support of radiolabelled formulation development.
- Ensuring smooth transfer of projects from development to the manufacturing operations group including provision of batch records.
- Writing and reviewing development plans, protocols, reports and lab write-ups and client updates.
- Managing client's interaction from initiation of projects to ensure customer satisfaction with pharmaceutical sciences activities.
- Line management of development team members may also be required.
Skills and Requirement:
- Degree level qualification in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences or chemistry related discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Formulation Scientist role in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Considerable experience in product development and as a study lead in a customer facing role.
- Confident in formulating solid oral dosage forms and be an excellent team player.
- Ability to lead complex development programmes independently.
- Relevant work experience in product development (formulation) and knowledge on radioisotopes would be desirable but not necessary.
- cGMP experience is essential.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, collaboration, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, strategic thinking, manages complexity, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
- You have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Will Hitchcock at 0203 078 9554 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.