Senior Finance Manager
Proclinical is urgently recruiting for a Senior Financial Manager for a leading clinical development institute located in Boston, MA. As the Senior Financial Manager, you will be responsible for financial management of clients budgeting and forecasting processes, financial analysis, reporting and financial planning. The incumbent will develop and administer accounting policies, and practices with the goal of promoting individual and organizational excellence.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; oversee all financial accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit and tax process; liaise with external auditors and tax preparers.
- Coordinate and lead annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the organization's financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Update and implement all necessary accounting policies and practices; improve the finance department's overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the President.
- Overall cash management on an ongoing basis.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly and semi-annual financial reports.
- Review of accounts and investigation of variances.
- Conducts internal audits for the purpose of ensuring best practices.
- Responsible for year-end close, journal entries, and reporting.
- Responsible for the accounts payable/receivable function.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports.
- Oversee petty cash, expense reports, and credit card expense reconciliation for appropriate financial account coding.
- Performs a variety of other tasks.
Skills and Requirements:
- CPA license and at least 6+ years of experience in the field.
- The candidate should preferably also hold a master's degree.
- Skilled user of Sage 50 Accounting and various other spreadsheets and accounting software systems.
- Must have experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to and to effectively collaborate with colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees within the company and other affiliates, and the general public.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, a detail-oriented work style and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Qas Shafi at (+1) 646-367-2910 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.