Senior Data Engineer
Proclinical are recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer to join a pharmaceutical organisation. This role is on a permanent basis and is located in Utrecht.
- Handle relations and project arrangement with external partied, for example: CROs and vendor consultants/contractors.
- You will implement value-balanced approaches to the development of the data ecosystem and pipeline initiatives.
- Discuss data ecosystem and pipeline value propositions to affiliating scientific collaborators.
- Develop end-to-end workflows with automation that swiftly quickens fata flow with pipeline management tools, for example: Airflow, Step Functions, or Databricks workflows.
- Execute and uphold databases for raw and processed commercial and scientific data.
- The ideal candidate will innovate and advise on the latest technologies and standard strategies within data engineering, as well as be capable of recognising software solutions that can acknowledge barriers in data enablement.
- Other assigned duties.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to a degree level in a computer science, bioinformatics, or similar discipline with at least 5+ years of experience in software engineering. Or educated to a PhD degree level in a computer science, bioinformatics or similar discipline with at least 2+ years of experience in software engineering, though would be at least 8 years of experience with a BS/MS degree or at least 5 years with a PhD degree for a senior role.
- Know-how of ETL pipeline, automation and workflow managements tools, for example: Airflow, AWS Glue, Amazon Kinesis, AWS Step Functions, and CI/CD.
- Expertise on Python, Pythonic design and object-focused programming, which involves common Python libraries such as pandas as well as R would be advantageous.
- Comprehension of the databricks offerings which involves Delta Tables, Lakehouse architecture, and workflows.
- Comprehension of databases and query engines, fore example: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Athena, and Aurora, including distributed database design, SQL vs. NoSQL, and database optimizations.
- Comprehension of AWS cloud computing services, for example: Lambda functions, ECS, Batch and Elastic Load Balancer and any other compute frameworks such as Spark, EMR, and Databricks.
- A competent individual with modern software development strategies, for example: Agile, source control, project management and issue tracking with JIRA.
- Competent with container strategies using Docker, Fargate, and ECR, as well as Linux and shell scripting.
- Familiarity with GxP and non-GxP data would be beneficial.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Previous involvement working within a fast-growing, dynamic organisation.
- A hard worker who is not afraid to have some fun while doing so.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Tania Maphoso at +41 61 568 79 86.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.