Senior Data Engineer
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Proclinical are recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer to join a biotech organisation. This role is on a permanent basis located in Oensingen with the possibility to work remotely.
- Produce data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that support them in forming and optimising the company's product into a novel industry leader.
- You will gather large, multifaceted data sets that meet functional/non-functional business needs.
- From analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to offer actional acumens into customer acquisition, operational effectiveness and any other key business performance metrics.
- Recognise systems and procedures that improve effectiveness and assist with greater access to meaningful data that key shareholders during the organisation.
- Discover ways to guarantee clean data and reduce risk of data breaches or fraud.
- Collaborate with shareholders which involves executive, product, data and marketing teams to support with data-linked technical concerns and assist with their data infrastructure requirements.
- The ideal candidate will develop data-driven digital products for the company's international customers.
- Other duties may be included.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to a degree level in a computer science, engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, informatics, information systems, or any other quantitative discipline.
- Demonstrable experience within a data engineering role.
- Enjoys working within a cross-functional team and offer feedback to senior management.
- Able to think analytically and tactically connected to working with structured and unstructured data sets.
- Knowledge of data ingestion and data pipeline services across various cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Familiarity with Event Messaging Architecture and Integration Services.
- Expertise on various data store technologies, such as Graph Database, Object Data Store, Relational Data Store, Columnar Data Store, Hashing / In-Memory Database solutions, etc.
- Know-how of advanced SQL and procedural practices.
- Capable of forming and optimising data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Conduct root cause analysis on internal/external data, recognise improvement prospects, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, etc; as well as NoSQL databases such as Redis, Mongo, Neo4j, AWS Time Series, etc.
- Experience with SAP S/4 Hana and Azure cloud services and data pipelines.
- Acquaintance with big data pipeline tools like Spark, Databricks, etc.
- Able to source and model data from GarphQL API and REST APIs.
- Expertise on data visualisation systems like ELK, Grafana, Tableau or similar.
- Knowledge of object focused scripting languages such as Python, Rust, Java, Scala, etc.
- Know-how of graph database platforms such as Neo4j.
- Ability to develop operations within the data engineering space such as Github/Git Actions, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Former involvement in high data volume settings with a focus on Data Governance using solutions such as Collibra.
- Capable of thinking outside of the box, enjoys being challenged to enhance abilities and not afraid to step outside of comfort zone.
- Prior involvement using Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Lean, SAFe and tools such as Jira.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jana Van Zyl at +41 61 568 79 82.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.