Senior Animal Care Technician
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Animal Care Technician for a global biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL. Successful candidate will directly perform the daily activities involved with cleaning and spraying cages, disinfecting and sanitizing equipment, and stocking supplies.
- Maintain the vivarium and support areas through proper execution of assigned tasks.
- Follow department procedures, to include but not be limited to: cage cleaning, room sanitation, equipment preparation and moving, and cage changes.
- Maintain daily husbandry tasks through proper execution of training materials and assigned tasks.
- Directly perform animal handling, carrying and holding animal cages and animals, using and moving carts, hoses or any other lab equipment and supplies.
- Follow department procedures to provide comprehensive observation and handling of various research animals.
- Assist with the receiving and housing of research animals; including preparing for the housing activity.
- Document tasks in both written and electronic platforms in accordance with regulatory expectations.
- Documentation style must be neat, organized, and consistent with departmental standards.
- Maintain area of responsibility by practicing good observation skills and attention to detail.
- Physical dexterity, visual and auditory acuity, and sensitivity to changes in environmental conditions are utilized in daily task performance.
- Use experience and training to make minor decisions to execute daily responsibilities to support animal care operations.
- Apply basic computer skills to maintain regulatory compliance and training to include but not limited to, email, calendar, and computer-based training modules.
- Assure duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner not to impact pipeline activities and/or integrity of regulatory expectations.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma Required. Associates' or Bachelors' degree preferred.
- 2-5 years' relevant experience.
- Problem-solving ability consisting of taking initiative to handle basic issues autonomously and working with team members for more complex issues to support animal care operations.
- Ability to consistently perform functions consistent with company leadership behaviors and attributes.
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds, consistently stand and walk for extended periods of time, to include walking and adhering to safety rules and expectations including but not limited to: grasping, squeezing, pushing, pulling, squatting, stooping, and bending.
- Willing and able to work a rotating schedule which includes some level of mandatory weekend coverage and holiday coverage.
- Ability to work in compliance with all local, federal, and USDA regulations.
- Good communication skills and the ability to maintain efficiency in the workplace and effective in a team environment.
- Attention to detail to provide good animal welfare.
- Certification through AALAS is preferred
- Previous animal care experience preferred
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.