Scientist/Study Director, Mycoplasma/Microbiology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist/Study Director of Mycoplasma/Microbiology with a medical device company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate must be knowledgeable in analytical and microbiological based assays, specifically mycoplasma based assay(s) according to and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrates detailed scientific knowledge in the field of live mycoplasma detection and mammalian cell culture
- Demonstrates innovative and independent scientific technical expertise and proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of laboratory procedures and development of new procedures as it relates to microbiological and analytical methods
- Designs and independently conducts scientific development projects from inception to completion
- Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication
- Provides training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting
- Conducts and directs microbiological assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs
- Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs
- Prepares protocols, final reports, investigations, and deviations as needed
- Conducts critical review of results and reports data appropriately
- As assigned by Management, supervises personnel and assumes all associated responsibilities
- As assigned by Management, acts as Study Director, Lab Manager, and/or Principal Investigator for specific assays and assumes all associated responsibilities
- Effectively interacts with clients
- Maintains a laboratory notebook for Research & Development activities as required, reviews and signs laboratory notebooks
- Follows all general and laboratory SOPs
Skills and Requirements:
- 8 + years of relevant experience or equivalent for Bachelors', 5+ years for Master's or 3+ PhD degree in Biological Sciences or related field or equivalent experience.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.