Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Stem Cell Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist/Senior Scientist of Stem Cell Biology for a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Optimize editing efficiencies in primary human immune cells, hematopoietic stem cells, and model lines.
- Generate editing reagents using Gibson, USER assembly or other relevant cloning strategies.
- Work with the off-target team to characterize editing profiles using GUIDE-seq, Digenome-seq, CIRCLE-seq or other approaches.
- Profile genomic and proteomic signatures in bulk or single cell populations using qPCR, ddPCR, RNA-seq, flow cytometry, and FACS.
- PrimaryHSPC culture, differentiation and functional characterization.
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team to optimize hematopoietic editing and cell culture approaches.
- Communicate scientifically rigorous findings via verbal and written communications, visualizations, and presentations.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in biological science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience.
- Proven expertise in primary immune or stem cell culture [iPSC or HSPC experience a plus].
- Strong scientific background and publication record with proven high levels of performance.
- Experience in hematopoietic stem cell or CAR-T relevant experimental techniques, including both in vitro cellular assays and in vivo transplant models is highly desirable.
- Good understanding of gene editing tools and principles (ZFN, TALEN, CRISPR, or DNA base editors). Previous experience optimizing CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience identifying off-target sites using GUIDE-seq, Digenome-seq, CIRCLE-seq or other is a plus
- Experience working with mRNA is preferred.
- Transcriptome analysis experience - bulk or single cell RNA-seq - is a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to teams with diverse scientific backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently while also building relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth/change and helps others manage through change.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Kaye Dunleavy at (+1) 646-367-2646
or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Scientist in Proteomics, to be based in their office in the desirable area of Basel.
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Biosample Laboratory Associate to be based in their office in the desirable area of Basel.