Proclinical is currently recruiting for a PCR Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Santa Monica, CA.
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Experience with lentiviral and retroviral vectors and packaging systems
- Molecular biology work with synthetic mRNA and cell electroporation a plus.
- This position will also assist with cell biology, flow cytometry and genomics analysis.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures, analytical test methods, analytical sampling plans involving immunoassays and molecular biological techniques
- Work with a cross-functional development team to advance development of viral vector drug substance products.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in biotechnology or related field required (or relevant experience) with 2+ years of experience in similar role in a laboratory, preferably at least 1 year of lab experience within the industry.
- This position requires at least 1 year of experience with quantitative PCR (qPCR), droplet digital PCR (ddPCR), plate-based ELISAs, mammalian cell culture, and flow cytometry techniques.
- Experience with other immunoassay technologies such as MSD is a plus.
- Previous experience with cell therapy products is a plus
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail and successfully execute experiments at the bench.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- While most of the schedule will be during a standard work-week, occasional weekend work may be required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, and data analysis
- Ability to lift over 30 lbs
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.