Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Collegeville, PA.
- Maintain iPSCs including quality control assessments
- Differentiate into microglia and other cell types as needed based on SOPs
- Support experiments by providing cell cultures - mono- or bi- or tricultures
- Support efforts in generating gene edits [e.g. CRISPR] and QC in iPSCs
- Culture human iPSC-derived and/or primary rodent neuronal (co-)cultures, standard cell lines etc.
- Clearly document in lab notebooks
- Work collaboratively in the team
- Comply with all standards and practices of data integrity, ethics, and safety.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD/Master of Science degree (Biology, Biotechnology, Neuroscience, Physiology, or related field) with 1-2 years or bachelor's degree with 5+ years of relevant research experience
- Excellent aseptic technique for cell culture is a must have
- Basic molecular/ cell biology techniques for discovery research
- Familiarity with using relevant instrumentation
- Written and oral communication skills for documentation and group presentation
- 2+ years pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry research experience working in matrixed drug discovery project teams
- Experience in maintaining iPSC cell factories
- Hands on experience with iPSC cell differentiation into neurons, microglia, and astrocytes
- Basic understanding of gene editing Familiarity with immunoassays (ELISA, FACS).
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.