Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist - Immunology with a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional project teams to investigate the biology of novel targets and to evaluate the effects of newly developed drug lead candidates on immune cell function
- Design and conduct human and rodent cell- and tissue-based immunoassays for target identification and validation
- Perform hands-on experimentation using a wide range of molecular and cellular techniques suitable for drug target identification and validation
- Generate, analyze, interpret, present experimental results at various meetings to partners/collaborators and collaboratively plan experimental paths forward
- Generate study reports and maintain a detailed record of experiments in electronic lab notebooks in accordance with company policy
- Share in responsibilities to support general lab functions
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in the fields of Cell biology, Immunology or related fields with a track record of publications.
- Strong background in immunology or related fields
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a dynamic team in a multidisciplinary matrix environment
- Team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills
- Learning agility and drive to continuously improve and develop
- Self-motivated and meticulous, with focus on critical and innovative thinking
- Isolation and sterile tissue culture of mammalian cell lines and immune cell subsets
- Cell-based assay development using primary rodent and human immune cells and immortalized cell lines
- Multicolor FACS (flow cytometry set-up, acquisition, analysis and reporting)
- Multiplex protein detection (ELISA, Luminex, MSD)
- Gene expression analysis (NanoString, NGS, scRNA-Seq)
- Molecular biology (transfection, transduction, stable cell line generation, Western Blot)
- Previous drug discovery experience in a biopharmaceutical setting
- Hands-on experience utilizing functional genomics approaches (CRISPR-Cas, si/hRNA) for phenotypic screening and target ID/validation in cell lines or primary immune cells
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.