A Research and Development team in Belgium are looking for a talented Scientists for a temporary position to deliver on objectives, foster an environment of collaboration and positive communication.
- Support protein production from small-scale expression testing to upscaling and protein purification and quality control analysis of produced proteins for H2L and LO activities in the different TA projects
- Majority of time will be hands-on work in the laboratory
- Perform protein expression in bacteria, yeast, baculovirus / insect cells and mammalian systems to support the purification of proteins for screening, crystallography and assay development.
- Test innovative approaches to protein production including evaluation of new technologies
- Perform quality control on produced proteins
- Analyse, interpret, summarise and report experimental data. Maintain accurate records (electronic notebook). Write and update protocols and reports.
- Present results and conclusions at internal team meetings.
- Assist or take responsibility for various tasks such as shipping logistics, database entry of externally produced reagents, maintenance of cell lines, etc.
- Review reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate effectively with investigational staff, team members and functional manager.
- Work under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy
- Strictly adhere to local safety regulations and laboratory rules
Skills and Requirements
- B.S./B.A in Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent with 5-10 years of industry work experience is required. Master's degree with 2 or more years industry experience
- Experience in recombinant expression of proteins in various heterologous systems (E. coli bacteria, insect cells, mammalian cell lines, cell-free systems) is required
- Expertise in the purification of high-quality proteins using standard techniques and equipment is required
- Expertise in protein characterisation using techniques such as analytical gel filtration, mass spectrometry, dynamic light scattering, nano DSF, SPR is preferred
- Experience in protein construct design is preferred
- Knowledge of protein crystallisation and structure determination is a plus
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.