Scientist III (Research Technology)
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist of Research Technology for a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate must be a highly motivated Associate Scientist with strong expertise in cell culture and cell-based assay development.
- Support the development of human cell-based models of neurological diseases to help advance drug discovery programs across therapeutic areas. The ideal candidate will be experienced working with differentiated inducible pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) for assay development using imaging-based techniques.
- Generation of primarily neural cell types from iPSCs, (co-)culture of cells in 2D and complex 3D microphysiological systems, and design and execution of relevant assays with an emphasis on high-content imaging.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS in a relevant scientific discipline with 3-8 years of bench experience in academia or industry required.
- Advanced hands-on experience with cell culture techniques is essential, iPSC maintenance and execution of differentiation protocols is preferred.
- Proficiency in immunostaining techniques and microscopy is required; experience with high-content imaging and image analysis is desired.
- Experience with applied basic molecular and cellular techniques, including qPCR, western blot, immunoassays.
- Previous experience with microphysiological systems is a plus (multicellular cultures, 3D cell culture, microfluidic platforms, etc.).
- Ability to independently execute, troubleshoot and analyze experiments and to interpret results.
- Precise documentation of procedures and results in compliance with ELE guidelines is expected.
- The candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be highly self-motivated and work collaboratively in a matrixed environment. This position requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as agility and a steady commitment towards achievement of goals.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Zachary Hines at (+1) 215-531-6914 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Scientist in Proteomics, to be based in their office in the desirable area of Basel.
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Biosample Laboratory Associate to be based in their office in the desirable area of Basel.