Scientist III - Mammalian Cell Line
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist III of Mammalian Cell Line for a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate requires expertise in biochemical and molecular assays, including western blot, ELISA and qPCR. The position also requires experience working with mice.
The skill of intracerebralventricular (ICV) injection of rodent neonates is highly desired. Further, the ideal candidate will be skilled in CRISPR/Cas9-genome editing techniques and has experience with AAV gene transfer vector systems. The successful candidate is expected to design and perform experiments with minimal supervision, analyze results, interpret data, and present at team meetings.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD, or BS/MS in biological sciences with minimal 6 years relevant experience in academia or in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Thorough knowledge of controlled experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to rigorously analyze results.
- Expertise in biochemical and molecular assays, including western blot, ELISA and qPCR.
- Must be adept at following/modifying protocols and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Must have hands-on in vivo experience working with mice. ICV injection skill in neonates is highly desired.
- Must be skilled in molecular biology techniques, including western blotting, ELISA and PCR.
- Highly desired: experience working with multiple mammalian cell lines and proficient with cell culture techniques, such as transfection, lentiviral or AAV transduction, cell/tissue processing for genomic DNA and protein extraction.
- Must have a good understanding of the principle of CRISPR-based gene editing. Prior hands-on experience of designing and performing gene editing experiments is highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to clearly communicate results and to maintain detailed written records and ability to manage multiple experiments at the same time.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate closely with researchers.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Zachary Hines at (+1) 215-531-6914 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.