Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist for a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will be part of a team focused on bioinformatics and computational biology support of translational and exploratory data analysis in neuroscience therapeutic area. The scientist will apply expertise in bioinformatics and computational biology to analyze various types of molecular profiling and phenotype data to support discovery and development projects.
- Translational and exploratory data analysis to support discovery and development projects.
- Perform advanced analysis of DNA-seq, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq and other sequencing data in combination with publicly available genomics data by applying unsupervised and supervised machine learning algorithms to extract novel and biologically meaningful information.
- Method development for translational research, e.g. predictive modeling for patient stratification and disease indication selection.
- Integrate genomics, genetics, epigenetics and literature data to strengthen understanding of diseases and treatment perturbations.
- Utilizes multiple approaches for analyses of genes, pathways and networks.
- Writes study reports and presents data effectively in all settings and with participants of all levels of the organization.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD or equivalent in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a related field.
- Background in Neuroscience is a plus.
- Strong programming skills in R, Python, and/or other languages commonly used for bioinformatics analysis. Must be expert in applying major bioinformatics tools.
- Understands the advantages and limitations of various types of human genetic datasets (e.g. GWAS, CNVs, Rare variants, etc.) and has hands on experience in using public human genetics and epigenetics databases.
- Solid background in basic cellular and molecular biology with an understanding of neurological disorders.
- Strong communication and team working abilities to contribute in a team that operates as a unit on large projects.
- Be expert in sequencing data analysis such as RNAseq, DNAseq, scRNA-seq, etc.
- With deep knowledge and working experience to apply advanced machine learning methods such as Hidden Markov Chain, Support Vector Machines, neural nets and deep learning algorithms.
- Familiarity with databases such as UK Biobank, AMP-AD, PPMI is a plus
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A leading biotechnology company is seeking a Cell-line Development Scientist to join their office in Oxford.
A leading pharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Biologics Head for their office in Shanghai.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical organisation is seeking to hire a Clinical BA for their office in Shanghai.
An international biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Head of Fermentation position in their Swiss office.