Scientific Communications Director - PHARMA
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Scientific Communications Director to be based in their office in the desirable area of Basel. The organisation is known internationally for their work in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics and their focus on scientific advancement. This is a chance to join a top healthcare organisation who provide an innovative range of diagnostic solutions and medicines.
- Medical Education: Responsible for the oversight and overall strategic development and execution of medical education activities for Healthcare Professionals including publication strategy, congress presence, symposia and advisory boards as defined in the product Global Medical Plan.
- Medical Strategy: Contributing to the medical strategy and medical plans by delivering input into the situational analysis and by overseeing and guiding the development of the integrated Scientific Communications Plan including Medical Education and Publication Planning, in close collaboration with the Therapeutic Area Head, the Global Medical Affairs team, International Medical/ Scientific Directors, Global Product Strategy and appropriate agencies.
- Publication Planning & Alignment: Drivin the strategy for publication planning and alignment with US Medical Affairs and affiliates and deliver an integrated publications plan as part of the medical plan. You also manage the US Medical Affairs publication budget.
- Expertise: Outstanding functional expertise, consistency, and innovation to the medical team to optimally design and implement Scientific Communication activities and long-term engagement with Therapeutic Areas Experts.
- Teamwork: Working with colleagues from many functions and teams based all around the world. To be successful you will have excellent people and stakeholder skills and really enjoy working with an empowered and passionate team of people.
Skills and Requirements
- Working with various different stakeholders in a fast-paced multinational environment.
- Experience in Publication Planning, Scientific Communications and Medical Education activities; additional experience in launch preparation activities, medical affairs, preclinical or clinical development or product marketing would be a plus.
- Experienced in driving scientific communications supporting external and internal medical information dissemination, medical advisory boards, Independent Medical Education, and/or other healthcare professional interactions.
- Global travel is likely required to attend major international congresses and to work with colleagues in California.
- Experience in the lung disease area would be preferred but it's not a must.
- Passionate and committed to bringing medical benefits to patients and to exploring new ways of sharing the benefits of the company's compelling research.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kelechi Dyke at 0203 854 0200 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.