Sales Leader - Life Sciences - NGS - Liquid Handling
An esteemed biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Sales Leader - AG & LST to their office in Germany. The organisation partners with customers to enable earlier and more accurate insights supported by deep market knowledge and technical expertise. This is an exciting opportunity to bolster a career in the pharmaceutical commercial field.
- Provide support to the strategy set by the GROWTH function, actively participating in generating ideas for value positioning.
- Drive the Sales organisation to provide innovative sales solutions, focusing on the value driven by breakthrough solutions with new Applications, Software, and Services through the engagement of SME - Subject Matter Experts.
- Focus on market share gains in alignment with business goals and identified end-markets.
- Provide direction on direct/indirect sales channels.
- Ensure that the sales strategy supports margin growth for further business investments.
- Own the Sales Revenue Target Achievement and is accountable for the assigned annual operating plan (AOP).
- Accountable for the sales strategy and execution.
- Plan, develop, and maintain the Sales organisation and leadership, ensuring that all business lines are adequately focused on their sales execution plan.
- Network and share to generate internal synergies.
- Develop a sales business plan to deliver the sales AOP.
- Support the development of the sales organisation and clearly define all the resource requirements.
- Identify important market/product/customer opportunities for growth.
- Target key customer relationships to develop.
- Drive improvements in customer experience.
- Leads Sales organisational efficiencies, focusing on business development activities, where to appropriately focus resource/time to maximise revenue growth and enhance margins across the company portfolio.
- Communicate and support sales targets and metrics and provide constant feedback on sales results.
- Manage Union Agreements for Sales Plans where necessary.
- Provide guidance and approvals where business escalation is required.
- Ensure the adoption of corporate sales tools and methodologies.
- Develop Team growth tactics - market share, sales, orders, margin, customer satisfaction, and accounts penetration plan.
- Promote full cooperation between Account Managers, Field Application Specialists (FAS) and Service for a unique customer experience.
- Provide accurate forecast reports using SalesForce.com (SFDC).
- Ensure that sales team members and team leaders are providing timely forecasts and that all customer information and pipeline evolution in SFDC is updated.
- Analyse SFDC Win, Lost, and Abandoned opportunities and report suggestions for continuous business analysis and improvement.
- Provide monthly business review reports to the Regional Sales Leader.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or above, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master/PhD degree is a plus.
- Experience in Life Science/NGS market/Liquid handling is mandatory.
- Experience in managing a sales team is mandatory.
- Prepare and manage a realistic growth AOP / budget.
- Commercial acumen to help with market, product, customer strategy, as well as selling skills in product line marketspace with relevant experience.
- Effective knowledge of PKI products, services, and end-market strategies as well as of selling tools (competitor's and market knowledge are critical).
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jessica Vocella at +44 203 871 8091 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.