Proclinical are in search for a contract Research Scientist who will be involved in a range of process development activities. Your role will range from fermentation and primary recovery including process optimisation studies and troubleshooting investigations, evaluation of cellular response to process operations, assessment of effects on product quality, determination of process scalability and tech transfer to GMP facilities.
- Performing microbial process development experiments for the improvement of existing processes at lab and pilot scale
- Working independently and as part of a strong team to support the group's work.
- Providing traceable records of lab work, experimental design and report writing.
- Aiding with reviewing, writing and updating internal procedures and documents.
- Contributing to the maintenance and housekeeping of a safe laboratory working environment, including contribution to writing and reviewing HSE risk assessments related to USP activities.
- Identifying scale-up challenges and developing robust processes for tech transfer to manufacturing scale.
- Trending and analysing laboratory data and present results to line manager, Upstream team and at internal meetings.
Skills and Requirements
- A minimum of a BSc/BEng (or equivalent) in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience working in a lab environment, ideally with E.coli cells
- Highly organised with a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel to and work in (Switzerland) to carry out development work at our manufacturing facility if required
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Enthusiasm to learn new techniques and contribute to the team's work
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.