Research Project and Operations Manager
Proclinical are in search of a dynamic Research Project and Operations Manager to engage with R&D teams and partner functions. You will be expected to support team members in a number of drug discovery projects. This role is based in Switzerland and is an exciting opportunity to work within an established organisation.
- Be the Research Project Manager in charge for assigned drug discovery projects, starting at Target Assessment, and until entry into Early Development.
- Prepare project plans in alignment with the corresponding RPLs and project team members.
- Maintain and update project plans in the internal planning, tracking and information systems.
- Liaise with NRD Finance through direct interaction and with tools for budget planning and control. Keep project budget data (forecasts and actuals) updated in accordance to Finance and operations guidance. Foresee, control and report budget deviations.
- Be the reference point for all matters related to planning and budget for the assigned projects.
- Ensure alignment between project strategy and execution in terms of efficacy, efficiency and quality.
- Support the RPLs and other key team members with project management advice and technical expertise. Be the recognised expert in planning excellence for the designated projects.
- Take active care for the risk management processes of the projects within your area of responsibility, in alignment with the policies of NRD and pRED.
- Identify gaps, bottlenecks, accelerations or delays, challenge assumptions and propose options to close gaps and get projects back on schedule.
- Take ownership of established processes and procedures related to your designated projects.
- Contribute to the dissemination of project information in collaboration with other members of R&D. Contribute to the preparation of governance presentations and documents.
- Interface with Network Heads, Network Managers and other R&D functions to ensure good alignment between your assigned projects and their corresponding Networks.
Skills and Requirements
- Scientific education (PhD preferred, Master considered). Post Doc are considered if not for too long after graduation (e.g 3/4 years post-graduation)
- Industry experience, hands-on knowledge of the drug discovery process
- Experience working in a lab, preferably as lab manager
- Around 5 & maximum 10 years of experience (combining research, lab experience & industry experience)
- Experience in implementing, coordinating and improving processes. Capacity to organize, structure and drive project implementation activities.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and strong analytical skills with an open mindset that is service oriented and a strong ability to work independently.
- Proven adaptability and positive attitude toward changing requests and environments.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.