Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with a pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. The candidate will perform research & development activities and assay validations as required under direct supervision, laboratory maintenance duties, and works closely with Testing Operations during assay transfer and validation activities.
- Executes R&D studies planned by supervisor or technical lead. Works under close supervision from supervisor or senior personnel.
- Executes QP and VPs, and other GMP methods under supervision by supervisor or technical lead.
- Conduct LIMS transactions as appropriate for laboratory technician level.
- General lab housekeeping (including appropriate documentation) and ordering, inventory management, initiate work orders.
- Prepares and maintains reagents for laboratory use.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- May be required to work Holidays and weekends
- May be required to work Overtime
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
Skills and Requirements:
- 1 or more years of relevant experience
- Bachelors' degree in Biological Sciences or science related field or Masters graduates with relevant research experience
- Needs experience with ELISA and SDS-Page
- Desirable experience with enzyme assays
- Experience with biologics and mammalian cell culturing also desirable
- Experience with gene therapy vectors and/or gene mediated cell therapy highly desirable.
- Experience with biologics and mammalian cell culture is desirable.
- Knowledge of cGMP guidelines is preferred.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate laboratory equipment and computer equipment and software.
- Ability to record data accurately and legibly.
- Ability to work under limited supervision at times and to handle problems.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at 312-270-1613.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.