Research Associate - Biology - I
Proclinical is recruiting for a Research Associate I with a focus in Biology for a national biopharmaceutical company located in Foster City, CA. Successful candidate will be responsible for designing, validating and performing novel cell-based immunology and virology assays; evaluating new targets and therapeutic approaches for curing HIV; supporting in vivo proof-of-concept studies in models of chronic HIV infection; understanding properties of the latent HIV reservoir in experimental models and clinical settings; interpreting results, and proactively troubleshooting technical challenges.
- Plan and execute experiments that support research activities and project goals.
- Operate scientific equipment, select appropriate methods and techniques to perform experiments.
- With general guidance and direction, select appropriate methods and techniques in performing experiments.
- Present data and work with immediate supervisor on problems of moderate complexity. Participates and presents data in group meetings.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS/BA degree in Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular and Cell Biology or other related life science discipline and 1-2+ years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following techniques: immune cell functional assays, multi-color FACS, primary cell isolation and culture, ELISA/Luminex, molecular biology techniques such as RNA/DNA isolation, qPCR, cloning and virus production.
- The candidate should be a creative and goal-oriented problem solver capable of working independently.
- Must be able to process data and evaluate data quality, including recognizing anomalous and inconsistent results.
- Have strong organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated, creative, and collaborative individual with a background in immunology and strong interest in investigating novel approaches to achieve drug-free remission or cure of HIV infection.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Brendan Thalheimer (+1) 215-531-5299 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
£0.00 - £55000.00 per annum
A leading clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that focuses on cancer therapy is recruiting a Translational Scientist.