Research and Development Technician
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research and Development Technician with a biopharmaceutical company located in Sunnyvale, CA. The candidate will be working closely with senior staff members and be accountable for the execution and handling of lab needs, including but not limited to: storage, inventory, distribution, and shipping of compounds, and requesting purchases of supplies. Willing to train candidate.
- Supports the weekly compound processing including preparation of powders and DMSO stock solutions from in-house chemists, as well as local/international CRO/Collaborators; works collaboratively for the shipment/receipt of compounds, including verification, processing, and storage of samples
- Daily compound retrieval and distribution for assay screening upon established project workflows and one-off requests from various researchers to ensure on-time delivery to support Discovery departments; will work with automated liquid handlers and other instruments for daily tasks
- Maintenance of compound inventory for short/long term storage, and update sample tracking system with LIMS database and/or spreadsheets
- Keep lab stocked with necessary supplies and request purchase orders as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or equivalent degree in chemistry and/or biological sciences with at least 2 years working full time in a laboratory setting either in an academia or industry
- 1+ year wet lab experience in either academia or industry
- Demonstrate ability to follow SOPs
- Detail oriented and ability to multitasking
- Experience in robotics, such as automated storage systems and operating/programming various liquid handlers to facilitate compound sample processing is preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with inventory/request database systems for compound and biological sample management is highly desirable
- Experience with shipping domestic and international packages; IATA certification or dangerous goods certification is preferred
- Proficient in common computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative drive to work with peers, partners, and others, including individuals outside of the team and functional area, to develop important relationships with staff and key stakeholders
- Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated
- General knowledge of overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical and/or biotech organizations
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Santoro at 215-531-5280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.