Research and Development Director
A leading multinational pharmaceutical, and medical devices company currently has an attractive job vacancy available for a Research and Development Director to be based in their German office.
- Provides leadership to the cross functional project teams and is responsible for scientific and strategic coherence across the different projects.
- The R&D director oversees all Infectious Diseases Portfolio activities in close interaction with the project leads and project managers.
- Supports the TA head in assessing new business opportunities and planning of new projects.
- Supports the TA Head to reach the business goals and achieve the strategic objectives of the area
- Plays an active role in mentoring cross functional project teams, resource allocation/budget oversight and R&D decision making.
- Oversees Infectious Diseases area budget and resource allocation and inflection points
- Organizes and ensure the quality of presentations to be presented to the Portfolio Boards and Scientific advisory Boards about consistency and scientific accuracy
- Supports the Area Head to explore and assess R&D partnership opportunities
- Collaborate with Business Development Director and consultants on BD opportunities
- Closely interacts with project leads, project managers, heads of the clinical development, regulatory affairs, business development, preclinical development, PMO, CMC departments, tech development and technology departments
Skills and Requirements
- Masters in Relevant Life Science (PhD, MD or MD/PhD is an upside) with at least 10 years' experience in drug development in pharmaceutical or biotech environment.
- Very good knowledge of Drug Discovery/Development processes.
- Proven track record in leading cross functional development teams (e.g. in a project manager or project lead function) is an upside.
- Solid understanding of CMC/ Tech development topics is preferred
- Leadership skills and experience managing direct and indirect reports in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with flexible, constructive and hands-on attitude who enjoys working in/ leading multifunctional teams in a biotech environment
- Motivational, supportive leadership approach, result-driven personality
Please click on the Apply button. Kindly include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Lucia Donnarumma at +49 699 418 9070 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.