QC Associate Scientist
An life-changing opportunity has arisen for a QC Associate Scientist in Basel. This role will work directly with a Cell and Genes team, performing test and other activities to support the bianalytics team.
- Plan and perform Bio-Analytical testing such as Flow, ELISA, cell count, cell viability, re-sidual bead assessment, qPCR, Potency, in collaboration with experienced team members, if necessary.
- Perform all testing and activities compliantly following appropriate SOPs and proce-dures.
- Maintain controls, reagents and reference standards to support testing.
- Work on shifts covering daytime / evening and one or both weekend days.
- Review data generated by other team members.
- Contributes to the setup and optimization of infrastructure or specialized facilities e.g. cell culture or qPCR labs as an expert w/ adequate guidance.
- Evaluate/qualify and maintain lab equipment.
- Execute validation/transfers/optimization of test methods as per appropriate protocols.
- Knowledge of LabWare LIMS and/or other QC data systems.
- Maintain GMP/GLP quality systems.
- Review of laboratory logbooks and laboratory cleaning.
- Performing daily equipment startup and PQ
- Assure stock of reagents and materials
Skills and Requirements
- Commercial degree as BTA or MTA or BSc degree (candidates with an MSc degree might get considered also) in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology or other related discipline
- 2-5 years (for candidates with a Masters degree 0-2 years) industry working experience in the pharmaceutical, biologics, microbiology, sterile manufacture, or medical device industry.
- Understanding of the concepts of GMP and GLP
- Knowledge of bioassay test methods like Cell counts, Elisa, Flow cytometry.
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of individuals in various aspects of operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Able to proof work and identify non-standard format or wording, and errors within documents
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.