Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Purification Chemist with a pharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA.
- Execute lab experiments for process development of column chromatography, depth and membrane filtrations, including sample handling, solution preparation, etc.
- Execute sample analysis (e.g. pH, conductivity measurement, UV spectrum, HPLC, ELISA, etc.)
- Assist in process optimization / continuous improvement activities
- Interpret data accurately and independently, with supervisor input
- Document work appropriately in electronic notebook
- Write clear, concise and accurate reports, technical memos and presentations
- Execute date review for technical reports
- Maintain and troubleshoot lab equipment and identify and implement lab optimization projects
- Assist in process qualification activities: request/obtain/aliquot samples from manufacturing suites; request/submit samples to/from analytical groups and obtain analytical results
- Execute CPV-compliant trending program for commercial project(s): gather data from the manufacturing suites, enter/verify data in data trending systems
Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant biochemical or biologic related 1-3 years' experience with a bachelor's or 0-2 years' experience with a Master's Degree
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and be an individual contributor
- Practical knowledge of protein purification unit operations (chromatography, filtration, and UF/DF)
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite
- Chromatography workstation experience (programming and running) specifically AKTA hardware and software
- Manufacturing, development, scale-up, or tech-transfer experience
- Theoretical understanding of protein separation methods
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.