Protein Analytical Chemist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Protein Analytical Chemist with a global biopharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA. Successful candidate will be responsible for the development, execution and qualification of analytical methods for protein characterization, work closely with Quality Control for method transfer, and support bioprocess development.
- Responsible for executing high-throughput and automated capillary electrophoresis, chromatographic and spectroscopic based methods to support the cell line development, cell culture development and purification development for product quantitation, product quality and process impurities for biologic molecules.
- Support routine analytical testing in addition to the method development and implementation of various spectroscopic platforms and instruments (CE-SDS, UPLC, HPLC and mass spectrometry), high throughput analytical platforms (Octet-384, GXII-Touch, Maurice, iCE3) and various robotic liquid handlers (Protein Maker, Hamilton Star, Tecan) to better understand the company's early and late phase products and processes throughout the drug development lifecycle.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS/MS degree in biochemistry, chemistry, biology, chemical engineering, analytical chemistry, biophysics, or related disciplines with 1-4+ years of experience in industry or academia.
- Experience with one or more analytical instruments including UPLC/HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, LC-MS, robotic liquid handler and bioinformatics/data automation.
- Experienced with one or more analytical assays including measurement for product quantitation (titer), product qualities (glycan analysis, charge variant analysis, aggregation, and impurities) and process impurities (host cell protein, residual Protein A) and understanding of ELN (electronic notebook).
- Must be a goal-oriented team player with excellent communication and presentation skills, organization skills and be able to adapt to a timeline-oriented work environment.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.