Programme Manager - Drug Discovery
Proclinical are partnering with a biotech organisation who are currently recruiting for an individual to join their team. This role is on a permanent basis and is located in either London or Cambridge. The opening position is for a Programme Manager - Drug Discovery.
- Lead cross-functional teams as well as monitor personnel.
- Partake in external cooperative relationships with academic leaders and CROs when required.
- Responsible for general leadership of one or more small molecule drug discovery programmes from Hit ID through to candidate nomination.
- Arrange with the functions to guarantee suitable resource and familiarity with assisting the project team at the necessary time and that allocated resources are efficiently utilised.
- Other duties may be assigned to this role.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to an advanced degree level in a biological or chemical science field with demonstrable experience in a research role, offering general guidance for drug discovery programmes.
- Works well in a team as well as the ability to guide a team.
- Works well under pressure, handling multifaceted projects and deliver to outlined timelines.
- Comprehension of all aspects necessary to position programmed for successful transition into preclinical and clinical phases, as well as for partnering.
- Thinks creatively with the ability to resolve issues.
- Familiarity in a line management role with the capacity to motivate others.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Acquaintance of guiding programmes in preclinical development would be beneficial to the role but not necessary.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact James Hume at +44 208 167 5468.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.