Product Design Engineer
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical organisation is seeking to hire a Product Design Engineer for their office in the UK. This historic company, which has been established for well over a century, prides itself on its work across multiple therapy areas, including cardiovascular, neurology, and immunology. This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious pharmaceutical establishments in the world.
- Support the design and development of effective drug delivery devices.
- Identify gaps in knowledge of user needs.
- Prepare for early-stage usability and market research studies to fill gaps.
- Analyse supplier designs to identify areas critical to function, likely failure modes and design sensitivities.
- Produce models and drawings using 3D CAD o Modify and develop 3D CAD & drawings from non-native CAD systems.
- Produce and approve requirement specifications for external suppliers (UK and abroad).
- Design test rigs and challenge parts.
- Risk management assessment and mitigation, including input to DFMEA and UFMEA.
- Support supplier design reviews and company design reviews.
- Assess Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly with internal and external design teams.
- Create documentation to support medical device development and industrialization.
- Interact effectively with suppliers and other company groups.
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree in Product Design or equivalent.
- Expert-level Creo including complex surfacing and associated document management systems.
- Experience of design with plastic components.
- Understanding of quality management systems.
- Knowledge of injection moulding.
- Experience with usability/human factors.
- Knowledge of ISO13485.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using Pro-E.
- Experience within the medical device industry would be a benefit.
- Experience of design for manufacture within a semi or fully automated environment would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact James Wilson at +44 203 762 2703 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.