Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Process Mechanic with a leading pharmaceutical company located in Durham, NC. As the Process Mechanic, you will ensure the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listen for problems; use precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; use hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examine form and texture of parts.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Evaluate condition of equipment from recent purchase and develop plan to test and get operational.
- Evaluate all accompanying documentation of equipment, helping in the development of commissioning and validation protocols.
- Make recommendations on Preventative/Predictive maintenance based on manufactures recommendations and personal experience and develop a spare parts list.
- Comply with and understands the importance of following cGMP requirements.
Skills and Requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Experience working with machine tools or mechanical assembly.
- Working knowledge of safety protocols.
- Apprenticeship or vocational training preferred.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Excellent coordination and mechanical skills.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in math.
- Basic computer skills.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mary Jacobs at (+1) 312-291-4181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.