Proclinical has partnered with a Clinical Development in search for a Contract Process Chemist. This organisation is determined to push the boundaries of science in order to deliver medicines to patients. This company believes in innovation and continous improvement giving you the opportunity to establish your chemical career.
As a process chemist working closely with analytical chemists, engineers, project managers and other scientists, you will contribute to pharmaceutical development programmes, supporting project progression through late clinical development and launch.
- Design and implement new chemical routes and processes suitable for scale-up, with a focus on process understanding.
- Be responsible for optimising chemical manufacturing processes taking consideration of speed, quality, cost, sustainability, reproducibility and efficiency
- Collaborate closely with other scientists to contribute to the development of new medicines.
- Assess and manage process risks arising from scale, equipment or process changes.
- Support problem solving when development or manufacturing issues arise.
- May also work with third party organisations to develop and manufacture API processes.
Skills and Requirements:
- A PhD in Organic Chemistry, or BSc/MSc with relevant industrial experience to an equivalent level
- Substantial experience in practical organic synthesis
- An excellent understanding of synthetic reagents and methodologies, reaction mechanisms and modern analytical techniques
- Lab-based pharmaceutical industry and/or process development experience, using a broad range of practical techniques
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.