Principal Scientist, Virology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Principal Scientist of Virology with a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will design, supervise, and interpret research and development and GMP studies.
- Lab equipment ownership. Responsible for REES/ELPRO monitoring and response.
- Design, supervise, and interpret R&D and GMP studies.
- Provide appropriate resources to team to conduct studies.
- Supervise team of scientific personnel with varying skill level.
- Assume responsibility for direct reports and team. Direct and lead team to stay on track to meet project deadlines.
- Communicate progress to manager regularly.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and one on one meetings with each staff member.
- Oversee assay transfers between own team and Operations.
- Serve as analytical lead on manufacturing core teams for complex programs.
- Interface with Sales team regularly. Author custom quote sections.
- Author technical documents, procedures, policies, SOPs, & risk assessments, as needed.
- Participate in webinars.
- Implement innovative solutions and propose new technologies in support of multiple projects.
- Lead cross-functional teams in effort to solve organizational and process problems.
- Broad knowledge in field of expertise, including the ability to interpret current literature relevant to R&D projects, and visibility outside of functional area.
- Comply with all internal and external regulations and policies and procedures. Ensure safety and compliance of laboratory and team.
- Track progress of team's change controls. Ensure project goals are met and change controls are closed out in a timely manner.
- Investigate, respond and/or approve equipment OOTs.
- Represent the company at outside conferences, as needed.
- Thorough understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences or science related field with 15 years of experience or Master's degree in Biological Sciences or science related field with 10 years of experience or PhD in Biological Sciences or science related field with 6 years of experience.
- Deep understanding of virology and methods to assess the titer of replication competent and defective vectors.
- Experience with gene therapy vectors and/or gene mediated cell therapy highly desirable.
- Automation experience highly desirable.
- Experience in a cGMP environment is highly desirable.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties using appropriate laboratory equipment (i.e. biohazard hood, centrifuge, incubator, and autoclave) and computer equipment and software. (i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook).
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric calculations.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.