Principal Scientist, in-vivo Pharmacology/Immuno-Oncology
Proclinical is seeking a talented principal scientist with strong in vivo pharmacology and tumor immunology experience to support the preclinical research and discovery efforts for our expanding portfolio of company-based therapeutics. The successful candidate will have a passion for developing transformational treatment paradigms for cancer patients and will enjoy working across programs in a small company environment. This position will report to the Director of In vivo Pharmacology.
- Provide in vivo pharmacology expertise and strategic guidance as a core team member for one or more company programs including both internal programs and our collaborative partnership with Genentech
- Effectively collaborate with cross functional disciplines (biology, DMPK, translational sciences, toxicology) and engage internal stake holders to drive decisions
- Manage in vivo pharmacology research through a network of CROs and academic collaborations
- Effectively document and communicate results company-wide in diverse settings ranging from project team to leadership team meetings
- Provide in vitro pharmacology expertise and CRO management when needed
- Identify and validate pharmacodynamic biomarkers to support preclinical and clinical development
- Lead in vivo pharmacology sample management and downstream analysis efforts
Skills and Requirements
- PhD degree in the biological sciences with 8+ years of additional relevant experience (industry experience required), or a MS degree with 12+ years of additional industry experience
- Experience using multiple types of in vivo oncology models including IO models is required
- Experience in generation, characterization and use of immunocompetent humanized mouse models of cancer is preferred
- Familiarity with the immunophenotyping of excised mouse tumors using high-dimensional methodologies including flow / mass cytometry is favorable
- Experience in in vivo model development and validation
- Experience in managing external work/collaborations is essential
- An established background in tumor immunology is required
- A strong background in cancer biology is preferred
- Capability of working both independently and as part of multiple collaborative teams
- Previous experience leading well-defined activities or specific function to achieve a project or corporate goal
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.