OB/GYN Oncology Specialist - Wisconsin
OB/GYN Oncology Specialist - Permanent - Onsite
Proclinical Staffing is seeking an OB/GYN Oncology Specialist to join a cutting-edge biotech company. This is a permanent role located in Wisconsin.
The Oncology Specialist- Wisconsin. is responsible for driving the clinical demand and prescription by educating gynecological oncologists, medical oncologists, and mid-level healthcare professionals (e.g., NPs/PAs) about the clinical evidence available, proper administration and use of the medical products, and the diseases they treat. Healthcare professionals within institutions, primarily in the community setting (e.g., cancer centers, free-standing community clinics, hospitals, and IDNs), form the main target audience. This role will be accountable for the customer experience coordinating appropriate resources and personnel to meet the customer's educational needs. This includes diagnostic and pathology requirements in support of an FDA-approved companion diagnostic.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Biological science or related discipline
- Knowledge of geography and customer base
- Experience in launching new products and/or indications
- Large oncology account selling and relationships in the designated territory. The territory will cover the entire state of WI, the U.P. of Michigan and portions of Northern Illinois.
- Buy and Bill experience
- Oncology experience in the gyn onc or ovarian space
- Minimum 6 years of pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical selling experience, preferably in the oncology space
- Experience calling on gynecologic oncologists/medical oncologists, in women's cancers/solid tumor
- Experience with combination diagnostic products
- Experience working within territory accounts, including academic IDNs and large hospital networks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to comply with any customer credentialing and safety requirements (e.g., up-to-date vaccinations, trainings)
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Passionate and self-motivated individual
- Ability to travel as required, geography dependent
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
The OB/GYN Oncology Specialist will:
- Mastery of product clinical knowledge and ability to articulate the value proposition of the new ovarian oncology launch product to customers in an objective and complete manner without downplaying risks
- Ability to navigate complex academic accounts, calling on multiple stakeholders: oncology, pathology, infusion, and pharmacy, among others
- Collaborate with stakeholders, utilizing approved resources to educate and in-service in target accounts on the benefits and safety, billing and coding, companion diagnostic logistics, reimbursement, and patient support services in a compliant manner
- Demonstrate ability to meet business objectives without undermining work ethics and integrity.
- Mastery of clinical and marketplace knowledge related to oncology
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of assigned accounts, key customers, and their perception.
- Demonstrate ability to understand complex account interdependencies to execute on short- and long-term account plans in conjunction with a wide array of stakeholders; proactively work with the Strategic Account Manager to execute the account plan effectively. Share learnings and best practices internally.
- Develop exceptionally well-designed business plans that align with brand strategic imperatives and allocate promotional resources efficiently and compliantly to lead to strong business results.
- Demonstrate a mastery of knowledge and analysis of business, products, technical issues, and the changing market landscape.
- Influence beyond their specific geography or product area by demonstrating advanced ability to ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer needs from all stakeholders in oncology accounts.
- Actively participate in all product, skills, and corporate training to improve personal and team skills.
- Be patient-focused with the ability to build and foster strong positive relationships with healthcare professionals and key opinion leaders.
- Exhibit strong collaboration and teamwork skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Compliantly pull-through demand generation efforts with prescribers.
- Ability to identify and analyze trends in a complex buying environment, including the multiple channels of drug distribution, Oncology GPOs, wholesalers, and specialty pharmacies
- Review and evaluate patterns for products purchased and prescribed, outpatient vs. in-patient infusion, as part of hospital contract, etc.
- Adhere to company and compliance guidelines, policies, and procedures.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Emily Notman at (+1) 617-963-0344 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.