Molecular Development Scientist
A fast-growing multidisciplinary team of scientists are looking to recruit a Molecular Development Scientist to drive ongoing realisation of a Point of Care Molecular Diagnostic platform.
- As a Molecular Development Scientist, reporting to the Assay Development Manager, you will be part of the Biology team, working to evaluate the performance of our rapid RT-PCR assays as we undertake development and transfer to manufacture activities.
- You will work across standard and next generation technologies, collaborating with other science and engineering teams to deliver performance evaluation data and contribute to system improvement and product development.
- You will be evaluating assay performance on increasingly mature systems to support launch and be hands on in the validation studies required for regulatory approval of a first product.
- This role will require development, optimisation and evaluation of microfluidics based molecular processes such as reverse transcription, real time PCR and melt curve analysis.
- Development and testing of storage stabilised reagent systems with iterative testing of integrated processes will be required with feedback provided to collaborating teams and external service providers.
- In addition, the role-holder will be expected to contribute to routine laboratory upkeep. As a scientist youmust be passionate about delivering exceptional data and will take pride in your attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively with other
- Team members and to work under formal quality systems.
Skills and Requirements
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in molecular biology or a related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years' industry experience
- Significant hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques including RT and qRT-PCR, nucleic acid extraction and quantification
- Work both with standard instrumentation and systems in development and will be able to adapt accordingly
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.