Medical Director - France
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Medical Director from either Benelux or France. In this role you will be expected to develop the Medical Affairs functions ensuring new groundbreaking medicines
- Lead and inspire the medical affairs field and office team, ensuring exceptional medical expertise, team empowerment and excellence in execution.
- Provide performance management, coaching and development opportunities
- Lead development and execution of the country Medical Affairs plan, aligned to EMEA medical affairs plan and cross-functional country plans
- Establish a culture of collaboration and shared goals through engagement with other functional areas at country and regional level.
- Build capabilities, plans and systematic tracking of impactful medical affairs activities, including
- Timely and informative scientific/medical exchanges with external stakeholders that accurately reflect scientific data and research objectives
- Develop deep insights of the patient journey, treatment landscape, unmet medical needs and data gaps
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of and appropriately implement current local pharmaceutical regulation, ensure implementation of argenx policies and procedures, and enhance cross-functional understanding of compliance requirements
- Ensure there is an effective promotional material review & approval process, and act as final medical signatory (may be delegated) for all promotional and scientific materials
- Ensure all relevant knowledge, including activities and interaction with important contacts is systematically captured and disseminated within argenx as appropriate.
Skills and Requirements
- Medical or high-level scientific degree (MD, PhD)
- 8+ years experience in biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience leading and developing high-performing individuals and Medical Affairs teams
- Experience building out Medical Affairs capabilities to meet country requirements
- Able to identify and build business cases for required capabilities and resources
- Fluency in English, in addition to the local language(s), both oral and written.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.