Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician with a pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Performs basic and next-level Analytical assays according to and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Completes Test Methods and other required documentation and performs laboratory maintenance duties according to GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs. Performs and thoroughly documents Research & Development activities as required. Performs daily work activities with minimal supervision.
- Conducts basic and next-level Analytical assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques
- Accurately completes Test Methods and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs, with low error rate.
- Follows all general and laboratory SOPs
- Performs Research & Development activities with supervision. Maintains a laboratory notebook for R&D activities as required
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Technical Reviewer, Supervisor and/or Department Manager
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities
- Prepares reagents and completes reagent batch records
- Checks reagents for expired chemicals and disposes of any expired reagents
- Performs laboratory maintenance (i.e. decontaminates and disposes of medical and other waste as appropriate, maintains laboratory supply inventories, keeps work surfaces clean and neat) and keeps records of maintenance according to guidelines and SOPs
- Performs routine equipment monitoring and cleaning (i.e. centrifuges, biosafety and chemical hoods, refrigerators, incubators and freezers) and keeps records according to guidelines and SOPs
- Orders reagents and consumables as required and uses commodity specification procedure as assigned
- Completes all requisite training (i.e. Bloodborne Pathogen, Quality Assurance, safety, etc.)
- Contributes to the preparation of investigations and deviations as needed and with supervision
Skills and Requirements:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with major in Biological Sciences or other science-related major
- Technical and Scientific knowledge of protein based assays (i.e. ELISA, electrophoresis, etc).
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at 267-428-7770.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.