Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician with a pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Conducts any basic to complex Analytical assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately completes Test Methods and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs
- Follows all general and laboratory SOPs
- Maintains a laboratory notebook for Research & Development activities as required
- Conducts critical review of results and reports data to Technical Reviewer or supervisor
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities
- Prepares reagents and completes reagent batch records
- Checks reagents for expired chemicals and disposes of any expired reagents
- Performs laboratory maintenance (i.e. decontaminates and disposes of medical and other waste as appropriate, maintains laboratory supply inventories, keeps work surfaces clean and neat) and keeps records of maintenance according to guidelines and SOPs
- Performs routine equipment monitoring and cleaning (i.e. centrifuges, biosafety and chemical hoods, refrigerators, incubators and freezers) and keeps records according to guidelines and SOPs
- Orders reagents and consumables as required and uses commodity specification procedure as assigned
- Contributes to the preparation of Protocols, Testing Records and Final Reports, as needed and with supervision. Revise existing SOPs as assigned by Management
- Author investigations and deviations with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates proficiency in scientific theory and applies scientific rigor in the laboratory
- Correctly analyzes scientific data with accuracy and precision
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with major in Biological Sciences or other science-related major
- 3-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Strong Technical and Scientific knowledge of protein-based assays (i.e. ELISA, electrophoresis, etc).
- Ability to use proficiently advanced laboratory equipment, such as, but not limited to; Plate Readers, HPLC, Gel scanners, etc.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at 267-428-7770.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.