Laboratory Operations Assistant
Laboratory Operations Assistant - Contract - Onsite
Proclinical Staffing is seeking a Laboratory Operations Assistant to join a cutting-edge biotech company. This is a contract role located in Durham, NC.
The Research Operations team is seeking a motivated laboratory operations assistant to support routine laboratory operations. This includes day-to-day laboratory tasks including; sample and equipment management, cleaning, organizing and implementing new processes within the lab.
Skills & Requirements:
- B.S degree with at least 2 years of professional experience required
- B.S degree in a science-related discipline preferred
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with computer software's (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work well with team and other cross-functional teams
The Laboratory Operations Assistant will:
- Inventory and tracking of in-coming and outgoing samples
- Maintaining equipment maintenance schedules and engage with vendors to ensure equipment receives timely calibration and preventative maintenance
- Engaging with vendors for non-routine maintenance or technical support
- Support asset induction of new equipment
- Ensure equipment is maintained according to work instructions or manufacturer's recommendations
- Performing routine in-house maintenance work on applicable lab equipment
- Reviewing and uploading vendor work into asset management database
- Maintain reagent and consumables inventory and ensure lab is stocked appropriately to support ongoing and planned studies/activities.
- Manage receipt of incoming packages and maintaining inventory order sheet
- Support drafting and review of new work instructions and other documents
- Assist with organizing and storing completed documentation and help to create and maintain an organized system for storage of physical documentation
- Support lab cleaning re-organization efforts
- Support research staff as needed
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jackie Cerchio at (+1) 267-846-2026 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.