Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Manager with a pharmaceutical company located in Santa Monica, CA.
- Oversee and maintain laboratory policies and ensure the staff members comply with organization and Environmental Health and safety requirements including chemical storage and waste management policies through routine inspections.
- Organize and maintain the lab areas with the 5S method by working with scientific staffs and LabOps staffs. Complete maintenance requirements by cleaning scheduling and assigning team; following up on work order and purchasing.
- Closely working with LabOps staffs to maintain laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Organize and oversee the material inventory at the freezer and closely work with LabOps staffs to maintain and update the inventory.
- Interface with LabOps staffs to request maintenance service to resolves daily laboratory and service issues.
- Acts as a point of contact between Viral vector team and LabOps staff.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency of the laboratory.
- Work with SMEs in the vector process team to build up and organize work stations for development of various unit operations. Ensuring the appropriate consumables, equipment and ELN access are provided.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, or other Life sciences with 1-2 years hands-on experience in a laboratory, 1-3 years relevant laboratory management experience.
- Master's degree in Biology, or other Life sciences with 1-3 years relevant laboratory management experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong understanding (advanced skills) of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Smartsheet
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with potentially minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.