A vacancy has arisen for a Laboratory Analyst to support process development and commercialisation activities. The role will be predominantly lab based and will involve analytical testing to support current project activities and priorities.
- Perform testing of development samples using techniques such as HPLC, UV, enzyme assays and wet chemistry methods. Devise, plan and prioritise testing and be skilled in the operation of the analytical equipment associated with these methods.
- Ensure high quality data output in compliance with good laboratory and research practices. Ensure laboratory workbooks are well maintained, legible & logical. Deliver high quality protocols, standard operating procedures, analytical methods and or technical reports as appropriate.
- Ensure maintenance of the laboratory in compliance with Health & Safety and housekeeping procedures. Ensure risk assessments, CoSHH assessments are in place in accordance with local procedures.
- Develop and maintain databases and spreadsheets to record sample results and performance trends. Ensure good communication of sample results, within agreed timeframes and using agreed formats to the customer groups.
- Responsibility for ordering of lab consumables, raw materials, and other essential items in support of analytical or process requirements. Be accountable for spend/cost control.
- Liaise with onsite facilities management for interaction with external engineers to diagnose lab equipment operational, calibration and reliability issues and to support the routine preventative maintenance programmes.
- Issue of Task Safety Assessments (TSA's) for non-routine work within the laboratory as appropriate.
- Develop a basic understanding of the overall R&D and manufacturing processes you are working on to aid identification of appropriate test methodologies.
Skills and Requirements
- Relevant laboratory experience is essential
- Proactiveness and willingness to be flexible and support a range of techniques and project requirements across the development areas.
- Team player but with ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work closely with customer groups to agree test requirements, reporting mechanisms and timelines.
- Ability to meet compliance requirements.
- Some knowledge of Health and Safety expectations for the laboratory environment
- Demonstrate initiative, working towards continuous improvement activities.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.