An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Laboratory Directer to oversee quality patient test over clinical trials. This role is based in Yorkshire and is an excellent chance to provide direction for the laboratory team this will including, budgeting, planning and direction.
- Provide oversight and leadership while ensuring high-quality patient testing for clinical trials.
- Provide effective and efficient administrative direction of the laboratory, including budget planning and controls in conjunction with the individual(s) responsible for financial management of the laboratory.
- Direct and supervise technical performance of staff, ensure staff competency and resources
- Support continuing education of staff
- Ensure laboratory compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and guidelines
- Ensure the implementation of a safe laboratory environment in compliance with good practice and applicable regulations.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are established for monitoring staff to assess competency, and whenever necessary, provide remedial training or continuing education to improve skills
- Collaborate with business and operational leaders to ensure the proper test offerings and to develop/introduce new technologies and develop new and novel assays.
- Interact and maintain good relationships with applicable regulatory agencies as well as the professional community
- Ensure that proficiency testing, alternative assessment, and QC procedures are sufficient for the extent of testing performed in the laboratory
Skills and Requirements
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences, such as, Chemistry, Biology, Immunology, etc
- 10 years' experience in clinical trials, research and/ or clinical laboratory
- Experience in Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Experience in quality improvement implementation
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.