IT Support - Assistant Team Lead
This is an attractive IT Support - Assistant Team Lead job vacancy at a global biotechnology innovator specialising in disease areas which have unmet medical needs. This exciting new position will be based at their Uxbridge site. The company have a number of commercial products and an excellent pipeline of drug candidates in development. With a rich history of innovation and exponential growth plans they are looking to expand their IT team with a IT Support - Assistant Team Lead.
The IT Support Specialist will troubleshoot software and hardware problems and will manage incidents and service requests escalated by the Client.
- Answer/respond to incoming requests and diagnose and resolve customer problems by phone and remotely on the users system.
- End-to-end tracking of tickets and escalating tickets to the appropriate resolver groups to restore normal service operations as quickly as possible.
- Ownership and completion of issues identified as desk side support.
- Ownership of all incidents from inception through to resolution, including confirmation from the customer that resolution has been achieved.
- Clear, proactive and frequent communication to customers as to the progress of their incident or request.
- Troubleshoot, analyse, resolve, track, escalate and accurately document various technical problems.
- Remote control of end user devices to ensure proper troubleshooting and resolution of support call.
- Support feature, functionality, and usage of specific applications. Remote installation of company approved software and applications Stay current on and adhere to established policies, procedures and documentation (alignment with EMEA procedures).
- Assist with new user set up and permissions on the major platforms (for example in case of new hires).
- Interface with other company IT teams (Service Desk Unit in Switzerland, 3rd level support), and liaise with other IT teams as appropriate, i.e. Security, Applications, etc.
- Active Directory password changes, lockouts and resets.
- On-Call as needed for urgent IT issues.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in IT Support/Helpdesk delivery in an international and multi-cultural environment. Corporate environment exposure.
- Phone support experience necessary.
- Essential troubleshooting abilities (how the Operating System works, knowledge and understanding of laptop, hardware and software installation/maintenance).
- Solid technical understanding of all aspects of running a multi-national helpdesk including Microsoft software, active directory, hardware, blackberry, mobile phone, servers, etc. Knowledgeable in VPN system, Microsoft Office, mobile devices and understanding of infrastructure technologies, i.e. networking (LAN, WAN, Wifi, IPs, etc.).
- Conceptual and practical understanding of IT Support fundamentals.
- ITIL experience and knowledge is a definite plus Very Strong customer service oriented, and willingness to go far and beyond for the client.
- Very Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making ability.
- Strong enthusiasm and ability to learn and apply technical information in a fast-paced, demanding work environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English is required.
- Work well in a team environment. Self-motivation and organized.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures; attention to detail.
- Experience in IT Support/Helpdesk delivery in an international environment.
- Level 1 & 2 iT Support Specialist working on the EMEA Service Desk.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Magenis on +44 203 854 1050 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
£0.00 - £70000.00 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an IT Quality Assurance Manager position
Amsterdam, North Holland
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a CEMEA IT Lead Enterprise Systems position
Amsterdam, North Holland
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an IT Lead Supply Chain Management (SCM) Systems position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an IT Business Analyst Senior position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Systems Developer - Edata Support & Operations
IT Service Desk Engineer
ProClinical is pleased to advertise an exciting vacancy for an IT-Business Analyst in one of the world's leading and most renowned pharmaceutical companies.
ProClinical is excited to announce that an opening for an IT - Business Analyst - Skill set 3 - Senior position
ProClinical is excited to announce that a new job opportunity has arisen for a Consultant - Information Management to join a one the largest CROs in the global market
ProClinical is happy to advertise that a medical research start-up has an opening for a Biostatisticien Senior job at their Paris office.