In Vivo Associate Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an In Vivo Associate Scientist with a biopharmaceutical company located in Sunnyvale, CA. A technical R & D position responsible for development and execution of in vivo biomedical studies evaluating the pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and toxicological properties of pharmaceutical agents. Must possess strong animal technical skills working with rodents. Must possess a demonstrated ability to work independently to execute in vivo studies, effectively document findings, follow animal welfare policies and analyze study data.
- Serve as the technical lead for in vivo biomedical testing, demonstrating technical proficiency in rodent dosing by various routes (IV, IP, SC, PO)
- Responsible for the development and validation of animal models for the pharmacokinetic, efficacy, and toxicity evaluation of pharmaceutical candidates
- Independently conduct biomedical studies, accurately document findings, analyze data and prepare reports for internal and external dissemination
- Flexible hours that will require some weekend and holiday work as well as early am and pm dosing responsibilities
- Responsible for animal care and handling
Skills and Requirements:
- Position requires significant rodent handling and participation in rodent husbandry.
- Occasional lifting of heavy items anticipated.
- Individuals with allergies to animal dander would be significantly limited in the scope of work that could be performed with respect to the responsibilities of the position
- Excellent technical proficiency in rodent handling, dosing and bleeding techniques, and conduct of in vivo studies
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Samantha Reader at 267-536-3075.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.