Human Performance Specialist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Lab Teaching Fellow position for a Biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will achieve its goal to by getting students excited about science through exposure in an authentic hands-on laboratory experiences and an ambassador that opens the doors to career opportunities in the biotech industry.
The Community Lab teaching fellow is primarily responsible for teaching established hands-on lab experiences for middle and high school students, preparing reagents and documents for classes, set-up and clean-up of the teaching lab space, basic data collection and communicating with teachers and employees.
An ideal candidate would be someone strongly considering a career in teaching science or has previously taught science. This fellowship would provide the individual not only an opportunity to explore a teaching career through informal science education but would also strengthen their teaching and lab skills and increase their knowledge of the biotech industry.
- Teach established hands-on lab experiences for middle and high school students.
- Prepare reagents and documents for classes.
- Maintain an orderly Community Lab space.
- Inventory of reagents and supplies.
- Communicate with teachers and districts booking the Community Lab and actively maintain the booking calendar.
- Collect basic data on Community Lab usage.
- Track/manage the Science on-the-go kits.
- Coordinate employee volunteers for Community Lab programs.
- Assist in planning for lab-intense summer programs.
- Draft newsletters and communication materials enhancing the Community Lab's work.
- Manage the Community Lab email box.
Skills and Requirements:
- BA/BS is required.
- Background in the biological sciences with demonstrated laboratory experience.
- Preferred classroom management skills.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for working with middle and high school students.
- Strong organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- Demonstrated self-starter.
- Creative, pioneering, agile and flexible. Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize workload.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Zachary Hines at (+1) 215-531-6914 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A leading biotechnology company is seeking a Cell-line Development Scientist to join their office in Oxford.
A leading pharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Biologics Head for their office in Shanghai.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical organisation is seeking to hire a Clinical BA for their office in Shanghai.
An international biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Head of Fermentation position in their Swiss office.