Head of Operational Risk, Internal Control and Reporting EMEA
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Proclinical are partnering with a healthcare organisation who are recruiting for an individual to join their team. This role is on a permanent basis. The opening position available is for a Head of Operational Risk EMEA.
- The ideal candidate will sponsor sound internal controls, which involves enabling the execution across the EMEA region and guaranteeing adequate reporting to management.
- You will develop and execute operational risk management methods and frameworks that are in line with the company's goals and risk appetite.
- Guarantee that the company has efficient operational risk governance structured and procedures in place to assist with the execution of operational risk management methods and frameworks.
- Train and develop any other professionals in risk management, offering contributions to or leading international training and people development initiatives.
- Collaborate with EMEA management, all EMEA and bancassurance countries to deliver an efficient operational risk framework and internal control in a timely manner.
- Monitor 1st line of defense assurance actions, validating discoveries and observations with pertinent shareholders, and evaluating outcomes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience within an insurance organisation.
- Educated to an advanced degree level in a law, economics, business administration, mathematics or similar.
- Familiarity with IT, cyber, data protection, which involves connected assurance and in core insurance actions.
- Expertise on insurance IT landscape.
- Comprehension of operational risk management principles, strategies and best practices
- Able to work with senior leaders and has progressed with positions of increasing accountability.
- A disciplined individual who is oriented around implementation and delivery.
- Operational abilities.
- Capable of handling ambiguity, various requirement and challenging deadlines.
- A self-starter with the ability to work efficiently.
- Works well both in a team as well as independently.
- A positive, can-do mindset
- Deliberation, influential and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Capable to think in a networked way.
- Committed to corporate values.
- Exhibited ability to budget and manage project/program.
- Capabilities in data analytics and data visualisation would be preferable.
- Fluency in the English language.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jana Van Zyl at +41 61 568 79 82.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.