Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Formulation Scientist with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Perform technical development activities with heavy emphasis on bench scale small molecules in the pharmaceutical Science Department
- Responsible for hands on laboratory work
- Responsible for dissolution method development and testing
- Responsible for small molecule preclinical formulation development and preparation
- Responsible for material characterization work
- Participate in early stage activities such as physicochemical characterization (Powder X-ray diffraction, DSC, TGA, Raman and FTIR analysis, Particle size, polarized light microscopy, moisture sorption analysis), solubility, dissolution and stability assessments (HPLC), salt and polymorph screening and characterization for small molecule drug candidates.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in chemistry, pharmaceutics, or materials science with 0-3 years' experience
- MS with > 3 years' experience
- BS with > 5 years' experience
- Background in Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Materials Science, or related science
- Strong lab-based knowledge of chemical and solid-state analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; good problem-solving abilities; and good organizational skills; ability to excel in a dynamic project environment.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.