Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Formulation Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. The candidate will contribute to the execution of all laboratory activities related to the transition of novel small molecule compounds moving from nomination into first in human development in support of the clinical programs. An ideal candidate would have hands on experience with solid oral development techniques including spray drying, blending, roller compaction, tableting, and coating.
- Assist lead scientist with the development of solid oral protypes in R&D solids suite including preparation of blends and final prototypes.
- Independently measure physical/chemical properties of drug substances, blends, and final drug product.
- Execution of experiments with XRPD, DSC, TGA, optical microscope and HPLC/UPLC (Empower)
- Assist lead preformulation scientist with pre-drug candidate solid state characterization and development of GLP toxicology formulations
- Perform drug substance and formulation stability studies to ensure optimal formulation
- Author formulation development reports to be shared with external CDMOs at the time of technical transfer
- Maintain an accurate, timely, and compliant laboratory notebook
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. degree in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutics, chemical engineering or material sciences with 2+ years' experience
- Basic understanding of blending, roller compaction, tableting, and coating. Knowledge of enabled formulation development desired.
- Understanding of the physical and chemical characterization of molecules, including solid state and solution properties
- Knowledgeable with HPLC/UPLC (Empower), DSC, XRPD, TGA
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Bri Copeland at 267-297-3280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.