Field Application Scientist
An opportunity for a Field Application Scientist has become available in the South of England. This is a key role in the commercialization strategy and a critical support position for the sales force to achieve/exceed the business and growth plan. The role is highly visible to the whole company, as the role holder will be also a key member of the company's team of application experts, reporting to the Head of Sales.
- Is responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales support for their technology platform.
- Proactively supports the Sales Representative in the sales process by providing technical guidance and expertise to the customer, asking and probing the customer on technical expectations and pain points, and presenting technical selling arguments that helps the customer make a purchasing decision.
- Proactively supports the European Sales Organization with finding suspects and leads and entering data into CRM.
- Forms strong relationships with customers by frequent visits, check-ins and application support, ensuring a growing consumable and service pull through of the installed base.
- Work on pre-demo customer samples, with access to one of our demo labs in the South of England.
- Provides customer assistance with instrument demos, training and technical assistance to users for specific applications.
- Gathers customer information about technical trends/needs to support development of selling strategies and future products.
- Performs product demonstrations in the field and at demo locations.
Skills and Requirements
- Ph.D in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline; or a BSc/MSc degree with significant relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- A practical understanding of a wide range of commercialisation technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good scientific judgement and communication skills.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.