A leading biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Fermentation Scientist position in their Swiss office. The organisation is known for their work in preventing transferable diseases such as Lyme disease and the Zika virus, along with their commitment to discovering, producing, and supplying sustainable ingredients to consumers. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and innovative company that is rapidly changing the face of the personal healthcare industry.
- Co-characterising newly developed strains as well as developing fermentation processes.
- Managing and coordinating all the activities that fall-upon the fermentation team, as well for the technical well-functioning and development of the fermentation platform.
- Frequently interacting with scientists in the strain engineering, downstream and analytical teams.
- Providing technical and critical fermentation support to the teams in a fast and efficient manner.
Skills and Requirements:
- Sc. or higher academic degree in Chemical engineering, Biotechnology or Biology with emphasis on fermentation.
- Solid experience in fermentation, including batch-, fed-batch- and continuous processes, microbial physiology, with both yeast and bacteria.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in industry, ideally including interaction with industrial/commercial partners.
- Knowledge of microbiology, DNA technologies, metabolic engineering, biochemistry, flux-analysis, Design of Experiments (DOE), and screening techniques is an advantage.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kelechi Dyke at +44 203 854 0200 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A leading biotechnology company is seeking a Cell-line Development Scientist to join their office in Oxford.
A leading pharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Biologics Head for their office in Shanghai.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical organisation is seeking to hire a Clinical BA for their office in Shanghai.
An international biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Head of Fermentation position in their Swiss office.