ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Epidemiologist position with a leading biotechnology company. The organisation prides itself on its leading position as a provider of meaningful therapeutic advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases that currently lack effective therapies. Based in London, this position is an exciting opportunity to with a dynamic and innovative company that continues to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Providing technical expertise in Epidemiology to develop and maintain a Real-World Evidence strategy to support products from clinical development through licensing, market access, and lifecycle management.
- Participating in new drug development programs as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the areas of Real-World Evidence & Epidemiology.
- Evaluating and monitoring literature in therapy areas as well as advancements in Epidemiology methods and policy/acceptance of Real-World Evidence by regulators/payors.
- Critically appraising existing epidemiology evidence and creating new evidence through the delivery of specific research protocols and analysis of healthcare databases and prospective burdens of illness studies.
- Improving disease understanding relevant to the target patient population: incidence, prevalence, risk factors, natural history disease courses, burden of illness, treatment patterns, co-morbidities, co-medications, outcomes measure, phenotypes, biomarkers and unmet needs, and their variations across demographics and geographies.
- Supporting post marketing activities; conducting post marketing, post authorisation safety studies, post marketing effectiveness studies/registries, epidemiology studies for safety signal detection, and evaluation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Developing strong partnerships with internal stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary framework (Market Access, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, and Commercial functions) to support Real World Evidence needs.
- Developing and negotiating research plans with external collaborators in academia or contract research organisations and working effectively to oversee external groups through the research process.
- Effectively communicating study findings to an internal and external audience base.
- Extending a track record of external publications in peer review journals and international congresses.
- Developing SOPs, guidelines, and templates to support the conduct of Real-World Evidence and Epidemiology studies.
Skills and Requirements:
- Doctoral degree (PhD, ScD, or DrPH) or a Master's of Public Health in Epidemiology, with at least 3 years of experience leading epidemiologic research in the pharmaceutical setting OR
- Doctoral degree (PhD, ScD or DrPH) or Master's degree in a relevant discipline (ie. Health services research, health outcomes research, public health, statistics, or pharmaceutical sciences), with at least 5 years of experience leading epidemiologic research in the pharmaceutical setting.
- A strong track record of performing visits to sites according to the Clinical Monitoring Plan.
- Demonstrable experience conducting pharmaco-epidemiologic research within or in support of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in collaborating with research partners.
- A solid record of high quality, peer review epidemiology or outcomes research publications preferred.
- Experience in the epidemiology of rare genetic epidemiology a benefit.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Qas Shafi at +44 203 078 9569 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Redwood City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Epidemiologist position with a leading pharmaceutical research company.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Director of Epidemiology position