Entry Level Molecular Biologist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Entry Level Molecular Biologist for a global biotechnology company located in Worcester, MA. Successful candidate will be responsible for design and expression of recombinant proteins that meet project objectives. The candidate will also have the opportunity to collaborate and develop technologies for the improvement of protein production.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary project teams and use molecular biology tools to engineer recombinant proteins for in vitro and in vivo applications.
- Engineer production cell lines for difficult-to-express proteins.
- Stay current with applicable internal/external scientific literature and apply new information to successfully complete work assignments.
- Effectively organize and communicate research progress and planned activities through oral and written presentations.
- Keep accurate and current records of research and/or experiment.
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree (Molecular/Biochemistry/Cell biology or related field) with relevant experience.
- Candidate should possess strong molecular biology skills (for protein expression, CRISPR/RNAi, etc) and have experience designing and validating the constructs.
- Experience in protein engineering (fusion protein, bispecific antibody), familiarity with mammalian and bacterial cell culture, recombinant protein expression and characterization is preferred.
- Working knowledge in assay development (ELISA, FACS based assays) to elucidate molecular interactions at the protein level is desired.
- Scientific excellence, good work ethic and dedication to team/project goals are essential. Proven ability for innovative thinking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a track record of collaboration with various teams are required.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.